A greener lawn all year
Oklahoma Landscape’s Fescue seeding program is a very comprehensive solution to improving your lawn. We go the extra mile for you every step of the way… Let us tell you how!
Fescue seeding is something that we strongly encourage & recommend be done every year due to the hot & dry Oklahoma summers.
Our seed is 100% fescue seed only with 0% WEED SEED.
Why Fescue Overseeding?
Fescue seeding compensates for that natural slow down of the fescue reproduction. There are two major benefits to overseeding every year. Overseeding with new fescue varieties into an older lawn can help it better withstand insects, disease, drought, shady conditions and heavy traffic. Most importantly, a renovated lawn stays greener and looks thicker and healthier.
When should Fescue seeding take place?
Overseeding fescue lawns in the Tulsa and surrounding areas is best done in the fall starting in mid-September. It is important to get the new Fescue seed established before the cold of winter is upon us ahead of freezing temperatures. Temperatures are declining in the fall making it the best environment for the seed to germinate. Spring is the second best time to apply fescue seed to your lawn to establish strong root development.
Overseeding fescue grass will insure your lawn stays thick and dense, or if it has thinned, it will make it thick again. Another benefit is disease resistance. New and improved Fescue seed varieties are coming out each year and we only use the best seed for your lawn.
The Oklahoma Landscape Approach to Fescue Seeding
- Oklahoma Landscape will use core aeration or double core aeration to create the best environment for Fescue seed germination. Practically speaking, aeration is the process of mechanically removing small plugs of thatch and soil from the lawn to improve natural soil aeration. This type of machine is far superior to just using a rake and spreading the seed on the ground. Achieving “seed to soil” contact is the most important aspect of Fescue seeding to insure good results.
- We select Fescue seed mixes and varieties that are proven to perform in Tulsa and surrounding areas, applying 8-10 lbs. of seed per 1,000 square feet.
- We include an application of a specially blended “starter fertilizer” designed to increase Fescue seed germination and help the new turf quickly establish deep, strong roots.
- We will leave you detailed watering instructions that must be followed for maximum seed germination.
- Our seed is 100% fescue seed only with 0% weed seed.
The bottom line is… There are a lot of companies performing this service for less but our results are far better. We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to provide you with the most beautiful looking Fescue lawn!